Psychiatric Care – Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Program
Daniel Kuhn, M.D. is a specialist diagnosing and treating Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome.
He is a founding member and the current Vice President of the New York Academy of Traumatic Brain Injury, and has made numerous presentations to that body on this field.
Dr. Kuhn was the first psychiatrist in New York City to incorporate brain function tests, Neurometric Brain Mapping, to his practice, and then to expand in the field of EEG Operant Conditioning, also called Neurobiofeedback, as a major modality for the rehabilitation of patients with TBI.
The Diagnostic protocol for TBI includes:
- Brain Mapping Battery – EEG, QEEG and Evoked Potentials
- Continuous Performance Tests – Conner’s CPT and Tests of Variables of Attention, T.O.V.A.
- Psychological and Neuropsychological Testing Batteries, done by a certified Neuropsychologist
The treatment Protocol includes:
- Supportive and abreactive psychotherapy
- The Kuhn Technique® for trauma and symptoms erasure and re-integration of personality and function
- EEG Operant Conditioning, a brain wave self-regulation train, also called Neurobiofeedback, which activates and modulates brain function, improves attention, memory, mood and sleep regulation